Serviced office near Old Street, East London
If you’re a startup, scale-up or an SME looking to rent an office then serviced offices in London might be the most suitable option for you. With serviced offices, your rent includes utilities, internet and facilities. Also known as office as a service, these type of offices have been growing in popularity in recent years and with good reason. Most busy companies want to prioritise their resources and having a private office that is fully serviced and all-inclusive can save a lot of time and money. Serviced offices are also an ideal choice for companies returning to the office post-lockdown as everything that goes into managing an office is taken care of, allowing you to focus on bringing your teams together.
Serviced office definition
According to Wikipedia, “A serviced office is an office or office building that is fully equipped and managed by a facility management company”. In our case, we also pick the buildings, renovate and redesign them to provide the ultimate workspaces. Serviced offices are also sometimes referred to as managed offices or flexible offices. This is because they can be rented with flexible term contracts, as opposed to traditional leases. This is especially useful for dynamic businesses that might need to grow or shrink every few months.
Serviced offices features
Renting a serviced office means you don’t have to worry about any of the basic necessities and can simply start working.
For example, our private offices in Canvas are all:
- Full furnished – including a mixture of office desks and chairs, storage and breakout areas. We also offer to rent the spaces unfurnished if this is your preference and can source you different furniture to best suit your needs.
- Bills included. You don’t have to worry about registering or paying the utilities or business rate. We take care of all bills and they’re all included in your office rent.
- Fast internet. Get in and start working within minutes. Most of our buildings are connected to the high speed leased line internet.
- Kitchens – all Canvas offices have access to equipped and maintained kitchen facilities.
- Toilets and showers – Regularly cleaned and maintained by us.
- Communal meeting rooms – most serviced office providers give you access to their meeting rooms as a paid extra. We will actually give you access to all our meeting rooms in our network of buildings at no extra cost. This means you can book internal and external meetings with clients whenever you need to.
- Private meeting rooms – some offices feature private meeting rooms. If you require a private meeting room let us know and we’ll make sure to show you suitable offices with their own private meeting rooms.
- Flexible terms – our contracts start from 6 months giving you the ultimate flexibility to scale your space with your business. It’s easy to move in and out and we can often find you a different space if your needs change.
- Maintenance and security. You don’t have to worry about any maintenance issues and can simply give us a call if there’s a problem. Our facilities manager will be there in a jiffy.
- Communal facilities and break out areas. Not all serviced offices will give you access to communal areas. Our private offices give you access to generous communal facilities in all Canvas buildings. This includes break out areas, coffee machines, presentation areas and more.
- 24/7 access. It’s important to check that your office provider gives you full-time access to your space. Depending on your business, you might need to be working some unconventional hours at times so this is an important point to check.
Types of serviced offices in London
Office space varies greatly in nature. Traditional serviced offices might have been dull, corporate environments once upon a time. Our private offices at Canvas are inspiring, well designed and bright spaces that often resemble luxury accommodation. We design the space to feel like a home away from home. The combination of communal and break out areas mean you can vary your work environment.
Find a Serviced Office
At Canvas, we create homely serviced offices that include everything (meeting rooms too) with a simple flexible contract.
Our Luke Street serviced office building offers a mix of communal spaces and private office spaces.
Alternatives to serviced offices in London
There are several alternatives to renting a serviced office in London.
- Traditional leases. These usually come with rigid terms and longer contract durations. The rent fees won’t include any of the extras mentioned above. Once you add the extra costs a traditional lease can often work out to be more expensive than a flexible lease. Not to mention the time involved in onboarding to the new space.
- Shared workspaces and coworking spaces. These are serviced spaces but unlike private offices, you will be sharing the space with other companies and individuals. This is often a good choice for small startups in their early stages but as you grow your company, you will probably need to find a private office for the ultimate work environment.
Best areas to rent a serviced office in London
London is an international business hub. According to a report by Parliament, a third of UK businesses are located in London with 1.1 million business operating in London alone! This puts a great demand on rental office spaces. Choosing the right area to rent an office in will be a combination of your industry, the location of your clients and your budget. At Canvas, we’ve opted to open serviced office buildings in areas that we believe reflect the best qualities in location, connectivity and prestige while also providing high value to the companies who rent the offices.
Serviced offices Shoreditch
Both trendy, well connected and a hive of business activity, renting an office in Shoreditch is popular with tech companies, creative companies, startups and scaleups, fintechs who want to be close to the City of London.
Serviced offices Mayfair
A prime location in London’s West End, Mayfair combines tradition, luxury, prestige and great connectivity with the creative and high-end art world. It’s an incredibly popular area for many companies seeking the ultimate prime location for their brand.
Serviced offices Marylebone
Marylebone neighbours Mayfair to the north of this Central London business hub. As with the rest of the West End, it’s chic with great connectivity to the rest of London from Marylebone, Baker Street and Edgware Road stations.
Serviced offices Old Street
Often referred to as silicon roundabout, renting an office in Old Street is popular with tech and creative companies. This area in London hosts startups, scaleups, fintech companies, design and other creative industries. Old Street is probably the closest underground area to serve Shoreditch. It’s close to the City but offers better value for money and a more creative edge.
Renting offices in Dalston
Located north of Shoreditch and the City, Dalston offers exceptional value while still being well connected and trendy. It’s popular with creative and tech businesses who need a great space for their business to grow.
Serviced offices Clerkenwell
Close to Holborn, Angel, Shoreditch and the City, Clerkenwell offers a unique mix for many companies looking to rent an office in central London. This well-connected part of London is a bit of a best-kept secret and somehow passes under the radar for many. It’s an area that’s both inspiring and well connected and offers good value for renting an office.
Our serviced offices in London
30 Binney Street W1K 5BW – Newly renovated serviced offices in Mayfair
This serviced office building is in a prime location in London’s West End. It corners Binney Street and Oxford Street in Mayfair, with Bond Street tube station just 2 minutes away. Inside you’ll find everything that you need to get your business up and running from day one. Including two meeting rooms, one break out area, and 24/7 access which is great for busy teams. This is all included in the rental price at no extra cost which is very competitive for central London. Find out more…
35 Luke Street EC2A – Large serviced office spaces in Shoreditch
Looking for a serviced office in Shoreditch? Our Luke Street serviced offices can accommodate smaller teams of four, all the way up to larger teams of up to 80 people. The building is an impressive 15,000 square feet with large open-plan office spaces, four meeting rooms, two privacy booths, a large communal space, and a presentation area. It overlooks Mark Street Gardens and is less than 10 minutes walk away from Old Street and Shoreditch High Street tube stations. Find out more…
189-190 Shoreditch High Street E1 – Serviced offices in the heart of Shoreditch
Creative and tech companies love these quirky serviced offices in the heart of Shoreditch. Located in a converted townhouse, the spaces have plenty of character to keep your teams inspired. You’ll have everything that you need to run your business including four meeting rooms, a privacy booth, high-speed leased-line internet and 24/7 access. All of which are included in the rental price. This building is also within walking distance of the City of London and is just 2 minutes away from Shoreditch High Street station. Find out more…
53 Duke Street W1 – Serviced office spaces in London’s West End
This newly refurbished serviced office building corners Duke Street and Oxford Street in Mayfair. It offers three communal meeting rooms, three kitchens, and a large break out area included in the rental price. It also has shower facilities and a manned reception. The offices are a two-minute walk away from Bond Street, 7 minutes from Marble Arch, and 9 minutes from Oxford Circus tube stations meaning that you’ll be within easy reach of clients and new business opportunities. Find out more…
82 Rivington Street EC2A – Creative serviced offices in Shoreditch
Rivington Street is a highly sought-after Shoreditch location. Why? It’s just around the corner from Shoreditch High Street, a 6-minute walk away from Shoreditch High Street station, 8 minutes from Old Street, and 15 minutes from Liverpool Street. As well as a great location, our Rivington Street serviced office building also offers creative and dynamic workspaces, two meeting rooms, a privacy booth, and a kitchen included in the rental price. Find out more…
8 Albemarle Way EC1V 4JB – Serviced offices in Clerkenwell
As well as a spacious open-plan office space, your team will be able to let their creative ideas flourish in the shared breakout area in this Clerkenwell serviced office building. You’ll also have access to meeting rooms within all of our serviced office buildings across London at no extra cost. This serviced office building is just five minutes’ walk away from Farringdon station, 8 minutes from Barbican and 14 minutes from Old Street. Find out more…
27 Corsham Street N1 – Serviced offices in Old Street for creative businesses
These Old Street serviced offices were built with creative businesses in mind. The spaces are brimming with character, art, and natural light. You’ll also have access to three meeting rooms included in the rental price. Corsham Street is just a 3-minute walk away from Old Street station. As well as creative businesses, these serviced offices are popular with tech companies who want to be close to like-minded businesses in London’s Tech City. Find out more…
411-413 Oxford Street W1 – Modern serviced offices on London’s most famous street
Centrality is the name of the game with these serviced offices on Oxford Street. You’ll be in the heart of Mayfair and the West End, and just across the road from Selfridges. Bond Street tube station is a minute’s walk away, with Marble Arch and Oxford Circus less than 10 minute’s walk away. The serviced office building has three meeting rooms, a kitchen, breakout area and shower facilities included in the rent. Find out more…
57 Dalston Lane E8 2NG – Serviced offices for rent in Dalston
Our serviced offices on Dalston Lane are situated in a stunning historical building within a gated complex. The building offers spacious office spaces, three meeting rooms, a breakout area, a kitchen, shower facilities and 24/7 access – all of which are included in the rental price. Dalston Junction and Dalston Kingsland stations are both less than a five-minute walk away, where you’ll have easy access to the rest of London and beyond. There’s also off-road parking and bicycle storage available. Find out more…
208 Brick Lane E1 – Serviced offices in the heart of East London
If you’re on the hunt for affordable serviced offices in Shoreditch, then you’ll love these workspaces on Brick Lane. Each office has a spacious open plan layout that can be flexed to suit the needs of a growing business. You’ll also have access to a meeting room, breakout area, kitchen and shower facilities included in the competitive rental price – offering great value for money. Needless to say, Brick Lane is an iconic location for any business’ Central London HQ. Find out more…
2 Club Row E1 – Modern and newly renovated serviced offices in Shoreditch
Located just a short 2-minute walk away from Shoreditch High Street station are these serviced offices which corner Club Row and Bethnal Green Road. The spaces are newly renovated with a modern, minimalist design on the interior and beautiful street art on the exterior. The building offers a communal meeting room, a privacy booth and private meeting room in selected offices at no extra cost. There’s also a lift for disabled access. Find out more…