Serviced office near Old Street, East London
If you’re a startup, scale-up or an SME looking to rent an office then serviced offices in London might be the most suitable option for you. With serviced offices, your rent includes utilities, internet and facilities. Also known as office as a service, this type of offices have been growing in popularity in recent years and with good reason. Most busy companies want to prioritise their resources and having a private office that is fully serviced and all-inclusive can save a lot of time and money.
Serviced office definition
According to Wikipedia, “A serviced office is an office or office building that is fully equipped and managed by a facility management company“. In our case, we also pick the buildings, renovate and redesign them to provide the ultimate workspaces. Serviced offices are also sometimes referred to as managed offices or flexible offices. This is because they can be rented with flexible term contracts, as opposed to traditional leases. This is especially useful for dynamic businesses that might need to grow or shrink every few months.
Serviced offices features
Renting a serviced office means you don’t have to worry about any of the basic necessities and can simply start working.
For example, our private offices in Canvas are all
- Full furnished – Including a mixture of office desks and chairs, storage and breakout areas. We also offer to rent the spaces unfurnished if this is your preference and can source you different furniture to best suit your needs.
- Bills included. You don’t have to worry about registering or paying the utilities or business rate. We take care of all bills and they’re all included in your office rent.
- Fast internet. Get in and start working within minutes. Most of our buildings are connected to the high speed leased line internet.
- Kitchens – All Canvas offices have access to equipped and maintained kitchen facilities.
- Toilets and showers – Regularly cleaned and maintained by us.
- Communal Meeting rooms – most serviced office providers give you access to their meeting rooms as a paid extra. We will actually give you access to all our meeting rooms in our network of buildings at no extra cost. This means you can book internal and external meetings with clients whenever you need to.
- Private meeting rooms – Some offices feature private meeting rooms. If you require a private meeting room let us know and we’ll make sure to show you suitable offices with their own private meeting rooms.
- Flexible terms – Our contracts start from 6 months giving you the ultimate flexibility to scale your space with your business. It’s easy to move in and out and we can often find you a different space if your needs change.
- Maintenance and security. You don’t have to worry about any maintenance issues and can simply give us a call if there’s a problem. Our facilities manager will be there in a jiffy.
- Communal facilities and break out areas. Not all serviced offices will give you access to communal areas. Our private offices give you access to generous communal facilities in all Canvas buildings. This includes break out areas, coffee machines, presentation area and more.
- 24/7 Access. It’s important to check that your office provider gives you full-time access to your space. Depending on your business, you might need to be working some unconventional hours at times so this is an important point to check.
Types of serviced offices in London
Office space varies greatly in nature. Traditional serviced offices might have been dull, corporate environments. Our private offices at Canvas are inspiring, well designed and bright spaces that often resemble luxury accommodation. We design the space to feel like a home away from home. The combination of communal and break out areas mean you can vary your work environment.
Find a serviced office
The communal spaces in Luke Street offer a mix of shared spaces and private office spaces.
Alternatives to serviced offices in London
There are several alternatives to renting a serviced office in London.
- Traditional leases. These usually come with rigid terms and longer contract durations. The rent fees won’t include any of the extras mentioned above. Once you add the extra costs a traditional lease can often work out to be more expensive than a flexible lease. Not to mention the time involved in onboarding to the new space.
- Shared workspaces and coworking spaces. These are serviced spaces but unlike private offices, you will be sharing the space with other companies and individuals. This is often a good choice for small startups in their early stages but as you grow your company you will probably need to find a private office for the ultimate work environment.
Best areas to rent a serviced office in London
London is an international business hub. According to a report by Parliament, a third of UK businesses are located in London with 1.1 million business operating in London alone! This puts a great demand on rental office spaces. Choosing the right area to rent an office in will be a combination of your industry, the location of your clients and your budget. At Canvas, we’ve opted to open serviced office buildings in areas that we believe reflect the best qualities in location, connectivity and prestige while also providing high value to the companies who rent the offices.
Serviced offices Shoreditch
Both trendy, well connected and a hive of business activity renting an office Shoreditch is popular with tech companies, creative companies, startups and scaleups and Fintechs who want to be close to the City of London.
Serviced Offices Mayfair
A prime location in London’s West End, Mayfair combines tradition, luxury, prestige and incredible connectivity with the creative and high-end art world. It’s an incredibly popular area for many companies who seek the ultimate prime location for their brand.
Serviced Offices Marylebone
Similar to Mayfair, this West-End area is prestigious and incredibly central. Marylebone is also known for high-end medical and beauty services with world-famous Harley Street at its centre. Our Serviced offices on Oxford Street, overlook Selfridges and are right on the meeting point of Mayfair and Marylebone.
Serviced Offices Old Street
Often referred to as silicon roundabout, renting an office in Old Street is popular with tech and creative companies. This is hosts area in London startups, scaleups, Fintech companies, design and other creative industries. Old Street is probably the closest underground area to serve Shoreditch. It’s close to the City but offers better value for money and a more creative edge.
Renting Offices in Dalston
Located north of Shoreditch and the City, Dalston offers exceptional value while still being well connected and trendy. It popular with creative and tech businesses who need a great space for their business to grow.
Serviced Offices Clerkenwell
Close to Holborn, Angel, Shoreditch and the City, Clerkenwell offers a unique mix for many companies looking to rent in office in central London. This well-connected part of London is a bit of a best-kept secret and somehow passes under the radar for many. It’s an area that’s both inspiring and well connected and offers good value for renting an office.