Reporting to the Owner/Director, this role will focus on developing the marketing department for one of the UK’s fastest growing flexible workspace operators. Based in central London, the aim is to develop the brand, maintain lead generation and evolve key comms channels. This role will work closely with the leadership team and is supported by a number of consultant specialists. It is a fantastic opportunity to create a marketing team in your image, for a rapid-growth business with ambitious plans.
The role requires a self-motivated and highly organized individual who can oversee and inform multiple senior stakeholders in a fast-growing start-up environment. It requires a broad range of marketing skills as well as strong people management ability within a dynamic sales and service-led environment.
- The role falls into three key areas of business strategy, brand development and lead generation. It will require close collaboration with the business leaders on the development of the marketing function.
- Strategic elements:
o Evolving our value proposition
o Developing the brand creative
o The implementation of a new CRM
- Each of these work streams will involve close coordination with the Owners, Sales Director and technical team.
- Brief and work closely with external agencies to leverage their expertise and measure performance.
- The role will also see the growth of the marketing department, with a junior hire to assist in the day-to-day marketing.
- This will include:
o Social media execution
o Client comms
o Maintaining digital assets
o Sourcing client case studies.
- The marketing team will work with sales on lead generation including affiliate marketing, maintaining broker relationships and updating centre listings.
- Manage an efficient content marketing schedule including concept initiation, content development, sign-off process and broadcast, liaising across the business to ensure activity is as streamlined and effective as possible.
- Share learnings and best practise with colleagues throughout the business, working together to make strategic recommendations and implement tactical solutions.
Background and experience
- Superb understanding of the full marketing mix and ability to produce content for various channels including social, podcasts, blog posts, email marketing, pitch decks and presentations.
- Proven experience in content production.
- Experience managing a range of events, particularly those which support lead generation, sales activities and building relationships with partners and clients.
- Experience dealing directly with suppliers/agencies – including supplying clear briefs, negotiation and keeping track of deadlines and budgets.
- Ideally degree qualified in marketing or communications.
- A background in commercial property / flexible workspace would be advantageous, but not essential.
Key skills and competencies
This role involves having the following key skills and competencies:
- Extremely organised with excellent attention to detail; ability to pivot when needed
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- An enthusiastic team player but with the ability to work independently.
- Capable of dealing with multiple senior stakeholders, both internally and externally, in a friendly and professional manner, building relationships and representing Canvas Offices at all times.
- Able to spot risks, plan contingencies and respond flexibly to unexpected change.
- Comfortable within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Highly computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office suite, in particular PowerPoint and InDesign (or equivalent).
- Experience of working with Salesforce or other leading CRM product.
About Canvas Offices
Canvas Offices creates flexible and sustainable workspaces tailored to its customers’ needs. Founded by two brothers in 2013, Canvas is a growing family creating the best workplace experience for growing businesses with 12 spaces across central London. Ron and Oren began their business career running their own music label from a coworking space. Seeing the lack of inspiring work environments, they saw an opportunity in the nascent flexible workspace market and started Canvas.
Canvas combines the advantages of private offices with the communal facilities and perks of the coworking world. Today, Canvas is home to more than 900 clients and our centres have maintained extremely high occupancy rates even during the Pandemic and lockdown. This is founded on our emphasis on fostering community and collaboration.
We think differently from most office suppliers. We build communities, care about our clients and are here to help them. We know what its like to run a business and want to give them the best possible experience. We transform forgotten buildings into inspirational spaces that feel like home. Can you help us in our journey?
Our Company Mission:
- Creating personalised global eco systems designed for the future of work
Our Company Values:
- Uniqueness: Yes we provide beautiful office spaces. But we are all about listening to our clients’ different needs and providing each one with a tailor made solution. No glass box offices here.
- Sustainability: From reviving old and unloved buildings to sourcing materials and interiors sustainably, we craft beautiful, private workspaces that have minimal environmental impact.
- Togetherness: Offices have become so much more than just that building we go to to work, they can be spaces that span multiple locations, time zones and circumstances. The Canvas ecosystem is designed to both bring these together, and enhance the most vibrant and creative neighborhoods with resources that benefit everyone.